Omega speakers...anyone in the Bay Area have them?

Flyin_V

Omega speakers...anyone in the Bay Area have them?
« on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:37 am »
Hi All,

Anyone in the Bay Area have a current pair Omega speakers? Maybe we could chat about them or get together for a listen as I'm very interested in a pair.  Have a Decware Zen CKC amp I could bring if you're interested.

Thanks.

Lary
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2014, 06:53 pm by Flyin_V »

happyrabbit

Re: Omega speakers...anyone have them?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2014, 03:54 pm »
is bend , oregon too far ?   I have a pair of 1.5 open backs you can listen to.   

Dwight

Flyin_V

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2014, 05:36 pm »
Hey Dwight,

Yeah, that's a bit too far. Thanks for the offer though.

Your open back pair should sound killer.  :D

Cheers,

Lary

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2014, 05:45 pm »
I think happyrabbit was subtly hinting that you should note your location.

Flyin_V

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2014, 06:29 pm »
You mean there is more to Northern California than the Bay Area??? Who would have thought...  :duh:

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:01 pm »
You mean there is more to Northern California than the Bay Area??? Who would have thought...  :duh:

Certainly not anybody from the Bay Area.  :lol:

Don, from the far, far, east Bay (Sacramento).  :green:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Omega speakers...anyone in the Bay Area have them?
« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2014, 08:15 pm »
Doesn't Napa Valley extend all the up to Portland?  :wink:

Dwight,

Some day, I may ask to listen to those Omega 1.5s (if I may be so bold?). Shucks, I'm just 2 1/2 hours west of Bend in 'always' sunny Beaver Country.  :P I'd be happy to bring gear along (I think my systems page is up to date).

Michael

RDavidson

« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2014, 03:59 am »

Wow, really? A :duh: toward me?
Everyone can clearly see that you edited your your original post AFTER my friendly nudge to you (per the time stamp), idiot. Note also the quoted title in the original replies to your post from both happyrabbit, yourself, and I "Re: Omega speakers...anybody have them?" You didn't state your location to begin with, so don't try and turn a simple mistake on your part, into trying to make me look stupid. :duh:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:08 am »
Wow, really? A :duh: toward me?
Everyone can clearly see that you edited your your original post AFTER my friendly nudge to you (per the time stamp), idiot. Note also the quoted title in the original replies to your post from both happyrabbit, yourself, and I. You didn't state your location to begin with, so don't try and turn a simple mistake on your part, into trying to make me look stupid. :duh:

:nono:

Apparently nobody has to try, you do a pretty good job all by yourself.  :lol:

happyrabbit

« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:32 am »
Michael ,

You are welcome to visit.   The 1.5's are interesting speakers.    I also make awesome latte's  :green:  you will be highly caffeinated for the return trip.   

Dwight

Doesn't Napa Valley extend all the up to Portland?  :wink:

Dwight,

Some day, I may ask to listen to those Omega 1.5s (if I may be so bold?). Shucks, I'm just 2 1/2 hours west of Bend in 'always' sunny Beaver Country.  :P I'd be happy to bring gear along (I think my systems page is up to date).

Michael

mresseguie

« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:43 am »
Latte & good music? Cheap gas on top of that? Whew. Might be a while till I can make it thanks to holiday traveling, but I will keep you in mind.  :thumb:

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:44 am »
  :nono:

Apparently nobody has to try, you do a pretty good job all by yourself.  :lol:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to chime in, opnly bafld. This has NOTHING to do with you. So, somehow you're smarter than I, for your post? :lol: Yeah. Didn't think so. Guess you're openly "baffled" for a reason.
I don't appreciate the OP's need to try and throw me under the buss for his simple mistake, which I or no one else harrassed him about.
I did nothing wrong by standing up for myself. I didn't need to call anyone an "idiot" and I'm at fault for that, but THAT IS ALL.

mresseguie

« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:54 am »
 :o

RDavidson

« Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2014, 05:03 am »
Sorry. Got out of hand there, mresseguie.
I'm just not going to standby and let someone throw me under the bus while others laugh, when I did NOTHING wrong. That doesn't fly with me.

This thread should just go to the waste bin and the OP should start over.

mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2014, 05:30 am »
As an outside observer I honestly saw no ill intent in this thread. Isn't it possible the OP made the edit once he realized his lack of clarity (potentially out of embarrassment)?

We all make mistakes from time to time. I posted something once that I'd thought was totally innocuous at the time...it took me two days and multiple reads before I realized what a stupid thing I had said. Once I "got it", I immediately PMed that OP with an apology and tried to explain my thinking at the time. I then posted in the thread to apologize. I think all was cool after that. I've been much more careful with my writing style since then.

Try a PM to the OP. Ask him what was in his mind. It's sometimes difficult to gauge intent when we have no facial expressions and no body language.

Michael

RDavidson

« Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2014, 05:53 am »
As an outside observer I honestly saw no ill intent in this thread. Isn't it possible the OP made the edit once he realized his lack of clarity (potentially out of embarrassment)?

We all make mistakes from time to time. I posted something once that I'd thought was totally innocuous at the time...it took me two days and multiple reads before I realized what a stupid thing I had said. Once I "got it", I immediately PMed that OP with an apology and tried to explain my thinking at the time. I then posted in the thread to apologize. I think all was cool after that. I've been much more careful with my writing style since then.

Try a PM to the OP. Ask him what was in his mind. It's sometimes difficult to gauge intent when we have no facial expressions and no body language.

Michael

I completely agree. I have no issue with people making honest mistakes. I do have an issue with people not owning their mistakes and trying to place blame on others (me in this case).
Normally, I'm very level headed in these matters. If he's emabarrassed, fine. The problem I have is the OP's snarky response followed with the :duh: while trying to make a cover-up behind the scenes. Uncalled for. I won't put up with it. Hadn't it been for the ill remark at my expense, I wouldn't be here typing any of this right now.

Flyin_V

« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2014, 06:55 am »
I did note my omission (thanks for pointing it out Ryan) and corrected (edited) it. That's why there is the modify button. Simple as that.

Ryan, just because I didn't buy your speakers, you don't have to get so upset. You're on the east coast aren't you? Why are you posting in Nor Cal? You're more than welcome to, but just wondering.

The  :duh: was at myself.

Cheers to all.

RDavidson

« Reply #17 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:24 pm »
I did note my omission (thanks for pointing it out Ryan) and corrected (edited) it. That's why there is the modify button. Simple as that.

Ryan, just because I didn't buy your speakers, you don't have to get so upset. You're on the east coast aren't you? Why are you posting in Nor Cal? You're more than welcome to, but just wondering.

The  :duh: was at myself.

Cheers to all.

Dude, honestly I forgot that you were the guy tire kicking the idea of buying my speakers several months ago, which I told you at the onset I wasn't in any hurry to sell. I still happily have them, and listen to them almost daily. If you recall, I offered them to you to help you, in which case I was just going to get another pair of Omegas...which I'll probably still do at some point. So, bringing this up, has absolutely nothing to do with my frustration. I made it pretty clear that I was frustrated about, what came across as a snarky comment and :duh: toward me. There's no underlying angst toward you. Regardless of what your intent was, or my interpretation, I think we can agree to disagree or chalk one up to misunderstanding, and just move on. :thumb:

I didn't see that this thread was specific to NorCal. I was just responding to your thread from the AC home page, which I do in most cases. If there's an indicator that this thread is directed to NorCal, other than your added location info to your original post, please point me to it. It may save trouble and frustration in the future. This is the first time I've run into this. Thanks!

JohnR

« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2014, 05:54 am »
I didn't see that this thread was specific to NorCal. I was just responding to your thread from the AC home page, which I do in most cases. If there's an indicator that this thread is directed to NorCal, other than your added location info to your original post, please point me to it.

To answer your question, in the home page listing, the name of the circle is right above the thread title:

Don't lose any sleep over it though - it's an easy slipup to make and not that uncommon ;)

Flyin_V

« Reply #19 on: 22 Dec 2014, 07:12 pm »

Just to be crystal clear, this post was a facetious comment regarding my forgetting to note the location.
I am the one who had the :duh: moment.  Obviously, this didn't transfer well as I would have hoped to the forum.

Happy Holidays.