Can anyone suggest a tube repair tech in the bay area?

JakeJ

This fellow is looking for repairs for a CJ PV5 preamp.  If you have someone to suggest please do it here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119101.0

Thanks,
JakeJ

Racer X

Re: Can anyone suggest a tube repair tech in the bay area?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2013, 03:44 pm »
Nick Gowan
Tru sound in cambell

subframe

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2014, 06:27 pm »
Brian and co at Analog Room in San Jose would be worth a call.  Good guys

carguy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2014, 09:47 pm »
I have used Sertech Electronics Repair in SJ.

Norm is the owner, and he repairs tons of vintage gear too.
5725 Winfield Blvd
Suite 9
San Jose, CA 95123
Neighborhood: Almaden Valley
(408) 267-3288
sertechelectronics.com

ALoveSupreme

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2017, 07:34 am »
I love AEA. They do fantastic tube repair work. http://aeaaudio.com/ Not affiliated, but they've refurbished 3 amps of mine with outstanding results.

bazelio

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2017, 03:28 pm »
Brian and co at Analog Room in San Jose would be worth a call.  Good guys

Brian's previous tech, and designer of the Wavestream tube amps you see in the Analog Room is on his own.  His name is Scott Frankland <audioeng@ix.netcom.com>, and I believe he would perform service on tube gear.  He might need a schematic in order to fix malfunctioning gear, but for servicing I don't think so.  He offers a proactive servicing plan where he will inspect and test the tubes, and estimate their remaining life. He will likewise inspect and test the electrolytic caps, and estimate their remaining life.  He will check the coupling caps for leakage, the connectors and sockets for oxidation and tightness, and rate the overall performance of the amplifier after a bench test. If any adjustments are needed, then he would make them and give an estimate if any repairs are needed.  No affiliation but he's a good local resource to have.  He did help me with a few problems on a VPI Classic 3 in the past, though.

Another resource would be Mitch Singerman <itchmay1@yahoo.com>, but he's down in Southern California.  I've never used him, but his reputation is stellar and I'd have no concerns about shipping gear to him.  It's really not that bad from NorCal to SoCal.  I heard recently that Mitch is having back surgery, so may not be available for a while.

Good luck.