Poll

What is Mobile Audiophile Quality?

When your Mobile System sounds as good as your home system
2 (8.7%)
Excepting the limitations of a mobile system and getting it as good as possible
4 (17.4%)
A mobile system that really sounds good and is enjoyable
14 (60.9%)
There is no such thing as a true mobile audiophile system do to the inherent road, car, environmental noise
2 (8.7%)
A decent factory system is all you need
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: 23 Jun 2012, 02:48 pm

medium jim

« on: 24 Apr 2012, 02:48 pm »
Please vote and then post your candid thoughts. This will allow for good discussion and hopefully a good learning experience.  Who knows, maybe it will change some minds or conceptions as to the virtues of a system that moves you!

Thanks,
Jim

decal

Re: What is Mobile Audiophile Quality?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2012, 03:03 pm »
A mobile system that really sounds good and is enjoyable

Isn't this what it's all about, be it mobile or home audio?

medium jim

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2012, 09:27 pm »
Decal:

You and I are in the same camp :thumb:

Jim

AUDFILE74

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2012, 09:48 pm »
I think my position is clear, i am gathering parts to build a car for sound quality  competition. i enjoy the challenge of getting a car to sound the best i can . now alot of people forget the context of mobile audio. it is essentially nearfield listening. home audio is mostly near-far field. so some of the home traits happen in the smaller context  of a vehicle. the question is twofold , does a aperson have  the fundamental understanding of what happens in a car? and how far are they willing to go to get ideal performance?

werd

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm »
Home and car are two different things completely. Home you can shut your eyes and have a scotch and take it from there. I am not going to say there is no sweet spot but there is definetly no conventional sweet spot with car audio. Its a different interaction imo.

There is something very liberating about tunes in the car. I am lot less involved with resolution then i am with prat. Just so long as their is a base amount of resolution.  Atm using factory but  the Sirius attennaes are pretty dam good and i can get some nice beats in the car.

Mobile audiophile quality is about noise reduction, from road and engine, getting your power as close to the speakers as possible and finding the gear with real world low distortion... not just advertised.

thats about it for me anyways.

AUDFILE74

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm »
Werd, you just hit a point. what is the target of the person building a car system? before a person can get a real staRT , that question has to be answered. i can tell you things to do to get your soundstage up on the dash and out on the hood , hut if a solid center image is not important then it will not help. most people do not take time to qualify exactly what they want in terms of good sound in their car.

medium jim

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2012, 11:24 pm »
Hey guys, this is a poll and the more who vote will give me a better sense of where to go with the circle. 

Thanks,
Jim

medium jim

« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2012, 03:13 pm »
bump...this is a poll, please vote :thumb:

saisunil

« Reply #8 on: 4 May 2012, 04:30 pm »
I do not expect a lot from our slightly upgraded system in mini van - jbl speaker and jlf subs. The system is mostly for background music or movies in the rear seats

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #9 on: 4 May 2012, 11:30 pm »
Mobile audio..sometimes its all about the bass, or something fun to listen to. Way different from a regular home hi-fi setup, where we focus on details, clarity etc.

Mikeinsacramento

« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2012, 05:00 am »
I voted:  A mobile system that really sounds good and is enjoyable

Driving is the A-Number 1 priority for me.  I spent a ton of dough to get my exhaust to sound just right, and that is my priority.  It would be silly of me to go overboard with a sound system considering I have a 300 horse subwoofer rumbling at all times.

That being said, I do enjoy cranking it up going 80 mph on the highway driving to Las Vegas or LA. 

medium jim

Re: What is Mobile Audiophile Quality? (Poll)
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2012, 08:35 pm »
Still time to vote!

Thanks,
Jim