Power Supply for Squeezebox Touch

bhobba

Power Supply for Squeezebox Touch
« on: 15 Apr 2010, 05:05 am »
Hi

Now that the touch has been released and the standard squeezebox looks like being discontinued is there any plan to make a power supply specifically for the touch which uses 5V at 3A?

Thanks
Bill

CIAudio

Re: Power Supply for Squeezebox Touch
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2010, 02:19 pm »
We have a Touch on order for testing, etc. and will see when arrives.

wndrmke

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2010, 05:41 am »
Hooked the SB Touch right up to my VDC-SB never even considered using the supplied wall-wart.

Turnandcough

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2010, 12:27 am »
Hooked the SB Touch right up to my VDC-SB never even considered using the supplied wall-wart.

That's good news. I was afraid 2.2A would not be sufficient for the Touch. From what I gather the beefier 3.0A wallwart on the Touch was for the USB circuitry. I have no intention of using that or an external hard drive with the Touch so I guess it's safe to assume I won't need to upgrade my VDC-SB - right?

wndrmke

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2010, 05:49 am »
Going strong since Thursday 04/29/10 with no issues whatsoever.

If you have any concerns I suggest waiting until Dusty weighs in.

Mike P.

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2010, 08:04 pm »
We finally received a Squeezebox Touch.
I haven't done much testing yet, but with display at max brightness and running a WD external USB Passport drive, maximum current draw is 1.2A, so I doubt there is any problem using VDC-SB to power it.
I will try to do more extensive testing over the weekend and report back early next week.

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2010, 08:36 pm »
Me too, hooked it up to the Touch and never looked back. Sounds phenomenal with this linear PS. Which is what I used on my SB3...

Great product!
M

CIAudio

« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2010, 06:56 pm »
Well, we tried to do more testing but now the Touch will not recognize the external drive. After talking with Logitech, they say there is a firmware problem and no fix for it.

We're sending the Touch back today.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 09:23 pm by CIAudio »