Liking my new D-200 & VPC-2 very much

ralflar

Liking my new D-200 & VPC-2 very much
« on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:34 am »
Actually, they are not that new anymore, because I received them almost exactly one month ago. My 30 days trial is now officially over. Inofficially it was over about two weeks ago, after I had compared the D-200s with a pair of Rotel 1091s. More on that later. Suffice it to say here that their acoustical and technical superiority as well as Dusty's outstanding decision support were the reasons why I chose, and will keep, the D-200s.

Re. "decision support": some (not all) other companies I had been in touch with (no names here) gave me sales pitch instead of answering my questions. Dusty gave straight and informative answers. (The Classe and Rotel reps did that, too, btw.) Dusty also answered related questions - you know, the ones which I would have asked next. None of the others did that. I liked that aspect a lot.

Since I'm new here I should probably tell which sources and speakers I use. Sources are an Arcam DV137 and a Denon 2910. Speakers are Martin Logan Aeon-i. In between are the VPC-2 and D-200s. Cables are decent but not worth talking about - I'm not a cable kind of guy.

I'll expand on my observations of D-200 vs Rotel 1091 in another thread.